WVRF’s Dental Assistance Program
Wounded Veterans Relief Fund’s dental program provides critical dental care to our qualified disabled veterans who do not qualify for VA dental coverage. We assist with life saving emergency dental needs.
All veterans in the state of Florida should have access to dental services to remain healthy, boost overall self-esteem, and have an increased chance of successful career placement. These factors are a vital component to the successful transition of our veterans into civilian life.
Wounded Veterans Relief Fund has identified qualified local dental providers who are donating their time (or offering a reduced rate of their services) to veterans in need of emergency dental care.
Currently, Wounded Veterans Relief Fund is providing dental care to veterans across the state of Florida.
**WVRF does not have dental partners in all counties yet. However, veterans are welcome to travel.
Provide immediate dental support to qualified disabled veterans throughout the state of Florida.
Do you qualify for assistance?
- You must be a Florida resident currently living in Florida
- You must have a VA service-connected disability rating of 30% or more OR provide proof of an active pending claim for VA service-connected disability
- Must not have been dishonorably discharged
- Your assigned VA Social Worker must send a referral to the dental program team before you can complete an application for assistance
- You must be in need of Emergency/Urgent
- Dental Care (WVRF does not assist with routine, cosmetic, or long-term dental care)
- Veterans who qualify for VA Dental Care do not qualify for our program without documentation to support a denial for dental services from the VA.
If you meet the basic criteria above, please email our Dental Program Team at JSembric@wvrf.org OR Dental@wvrf.org
Why We Provide Dental Services
- A veteran must be 100% disabled or have a service- connected dental injury in order to receive free dental services through the VAMC
- Florida has the third highest veteran population in our nation (1.5 + Million veterans)
- 92% of veterans in the VA system are not eligible for dental services.
- Currently there is a large back log of veterans waiting for necessary dental services
- Dental health is vital to one’s overall wellbeing
- Proper dental care can reduce heart attacks by 35%
- Proper dental care will increase self-esteem and increase chances for job placement
Wounded Veterans Relief Fund and Dr. Coral Cohen have partnered together to provide Palm Beach and Martin County veterans a FREE monthly dental day. Dr. Cohen will be utilizing her Mobile Dental Van to perform these dental services.EVENT DETAILS
- Limit: 5 veterans per month & No wait list available
- Approval upon application COMPLETION
- No Service-Connected Disability Required
- Additional services may be offered to veterans who qualify for dental assistance with WVRF
- Simple Extractions
Time and location will be provided to the veteran upon application approval. We do NOT accept walk-ins for this free monthly event.HOW TO APPLY
Veterans must complete a digital application with WVRF. Dr. Cohen may also need additional paperwork completed.
FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REGARDING EVENT DETAILS AND THE APPLICATION PROCESS, PLEASE CONTACT:
JADE SEMBRIC, USAR
DENTAL PROGRAM MANAGER
Thank you to our Partners!