Since the beginning of COVID-19 we have strived to keep our community, our staff, and our families safe. This has meant keeping limited in-person client interaction to process every veteran and assisting all requests that are brought to our organization via the use of technology such as email, phone, and fax. As an organization, several adjustments have been made to how we operate this past year but, through these adjustments, we have been able to achieve our previous turn-around time of 24-72 hours. It has been a year since the pandemic began and while there have been many efforts to aid the public financially, there is still a great deal of financial worry. We want to let our veterans know; Wounded Veterans Relief Fund continues to work diligently and keep the prevention of veteran-homelessness on the forefront of what we do.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ASSISTANCE
- 30% or more disability rating – Veteran can also be pending a claim or pending to add a percentage to their claim
- Must be a Florida Resident and currently residing in the state of Florida
- Must have a VA referral
HOW TO ACQUIRE A VA REFERRAL
- Contact your local VAMC and inform them you would like to apply for assistance through our organization
- Complete and sign the application along with VA’s Release of information
- Provide documentation of the most recent bills. Please attach all Leases, 3-day notices, and ANY supporting documents which we can use to verify the amount owed and who it is made payable to
-Documentation must include: account #’s, PIN #’s, and creditor contact information (including landlords)
WVRF does not assist with payments of: tickets, personal loans, or credit card bills. We pay creditors directly. Each request is evaluated on a case by case basis. WVRF reserves the right to deny assistance.