Who We Are
Wounded Veterans Relief Fund exists to provide emergency financial support to qualified disabled veterans living in Florida. 85% of our donated funds goes directly toward veteran assistance.
Why We Help
Many military service members leaving the military have a hard time transitioning into civilian life. Not only are they faced with the challenges of their visible and unseen injuries they are also overwhelmed with trying to navigate their way into the civilian workforce and can experience financial difficulties when trying to provide for themselves and their families.
We promise to grow wisely and keep administrative costs as low as possible. We are a metric-driven organization. Using project and donor management software, we are driven by hard data for short and long term decisions.
We pride ourselves on 85% of all donated funds going directly toward veteran assistance. Our financial records are maintained by a CPA firm to observe, monitor, and audit financial accounts and for tax preparation and submission. Click here for information on our financials.
- 2009: Founded as “Wounded Warriors of South Florida” we have proudly built a history and a reputation for placing veterans first.
- 2014: We reorganized and elected our current Board President, Lt. Gen. Robert Chelberg, USA (Ret.) which set our current program structure and mission in motion.
- 2016: Michael Durkee was appointed our Executive Director after having served as one of our Community Liaisons in 2014 and a Board Member in 2015. In 2016, our network grew to include all of Florida, which increased our network of disabled veterans by thousands more who may qualify for our assistance. We adopted our new name, Wounded Veterans Relief Fund, which more accurately depicts our brand, mission and identity. It also assists in removing brand confusion with an unaffiliated non-profit organization.
- 2017-2021: Our organization continues to grow with the help of all of our supporters, community partnerships, and our passionate & dedicated staff.
Other ways to support:
- Combined Federal Campaign CFC #46961
- Text WVRF to 22828
- Pledge $6 every month with= “I Got Your 6 Campaign”
- Donate through legacy giving
- Employer matching gifts